Aston University received its Royal Charter from Queen Elizabeth II on 22 April 1966.
The emphasis given to the placement year system, and the maintenance of strong links with industry, arises naturally from the institution’s history. The motto of the University is the same as that of the City of Birmingham – Forward.
A new Government league table, The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), considered to be a game changer for UK universities due to its unprecedented emphasis on teaching quality and student satisfaction, has given Aston University a Gold award – the highest possible accolade. TEF, published on 22 June 2017, found that students from all backgrounds achieve ‘consistently outstanding outcomes’ at Aston, with very high proportions of students going into highly skilled employment or further study.
Here are some highlights on Aston University:
- 88% satisfaction: Aston was rated in the top 25 universities in the UK for student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2017)
- Aston is 18th out of 120 UK Universities for Student Experience (Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- 80% of Aston graduates are in professional level jobs or further study, 18th highest percentage in the UK (Complete University Guide 2018)
- Aston is Top 200 in the World and 23rd in the UK (QS Graduate Employability World Rankings 2018)
- 5 QS Stars for Employability (2017)
- Currently 78.8% of Aston graduates find a grad-level job or further study within six months of graduation, compared to a national average of less than 70%, placing Aston inside the top 25 institutions in the UK (2017 Complete University Guide)
- Aston is consistently placed in the UK’s top 30 for Graduate Prospects (HESA and Sunday Times University Guide)
- Aston has been ranked as a Top 10 UK university for producing millionaires. Research by investment firm Skandia highlights that 2% of the UK’s millionaires went to Aston University, placing Aston University 10th overall
- To date, Aston’s leading internship provider (Graduate Advantage) has helped 4000 students launch their graduate career.
- Over 200 graduate employers come on to campus each year to meet our students.
- In the 2015/16 QS Graduate Employability Ranking, Aston is ranked 27th in the World and 3rd in the UK for ‘Partnerships with Employers’ and 47th in the World and 5th in the UK for ‘Employers Presence on Campus.’
- BSEEN is a collaborative project led by Aston University, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It has helped 240 student/graduate businesses get started since 2012.
Source: Aston University’s website
DOES ASTON UNIVERSITY ACCEPT MALAYSIA’s ENGLISH 1119 TEST RESULTS?
Read more here.