Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) is a vibrant, innovative and multi-award winning University for the Common Good.
It aims to contribute to society in a manner that embraces yet goes beyond the traditional role of a university. GCU’s For the Common Good commitment is brought to life and delivered by students and staff across academic schools and departments.
GCU’s student experience nurtures knowledge and creativity to address real-world global challenges, transforming the lives of our students and others.
- Ranked in the world’s top 150 universities in the Times Higher Education’s 200 under 50 league (2017)
- GCU has academic schools offering high-quality teaching, innovative facilities and specialist areas of study
- GCU has world-leading and internationally excellent research
- GCU is the largest provider of nursing and midwifery education; has experts in renewables, energy and construction; and it is a leading provider of management, business, law and social science education
- GCU is raising attainment of talented individuals from all backgrounds through articulation and widening access initiatives such as College Connect and the Caledonian Club
Outstanding student experience
GCU’s modern city-centre campus provides an excellent learning environment for more than 20,000 students and 1,600 staff from more than 100 countries. Its friendly campus community offers:
- The award-winning Saltire Centre with large academic library
- Opportunities to study abroad or as part of a global exchange
- 95% of GCU graduates find work or further study within six months of graduation (HESA, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education, 2018).
- £32million Glasgow campus redevelopment completed in 2016
- Representation from the GCU Student Association
- A 90% satisfaction rating in the International Student Barometer 2016 (ISB)
- All the on-campus facilities you need including accommodation and health and fitness
- GCU has received the Cycle Friendly Campus award from Cycling Scotland – the first of its kind in Scotland
- GCU was the first university in Scotland to achieve EcoCampus Platinum certification for its environmental practices
- Ranked first in Scotland for work experience opportunities
GCU’s world-leading and internationally excellent research addresses societal challenges to help people to build inclusive societies and lead healthy lives in sustainable environments.
- GCU is the top modern university in Scotland by research power (REF 2014)
- Top 10 in the UK for world-leading social work and social policy impact (REF 2014)
- Top 20 in the UK for allied health research (REF 2014) at world-leading and internationally excellent standards
- Top 20 in the UK for built environment research impact (REF 2014)
- Leading UK recipient of Erasmus+ research funding to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe
Source: Glasgow Caledonian University’s website
DOES GLASGOW CALEDONIAN UNIVERSITY ACCEPT MALAYSIA’S ENGLISH 1119 TEST RESULTS?
Yes! Read more here.
DISTANCE FROM LONDON
411 miles (~5 hours by train)