Kickstart your creative future at UAL
UAL has launched the careers of many creative and cultural leaders:
- Half the Turner Prize nominees and both winners in 2016 and 2017 were UAL alumni. UAL has produced over half of all Turner Prize winners since its inception in 1984.
- 36 of the 77 Royal Academicians are UAL alumni, serving or former staff.
- Over two thirds of the winners of British Designer of the Year are UAL alumni. UAL alumni have taken home the award for the past three years running (2015-2017).
- 14% (20) of the current Royal Designers for Industry are UAL alumni.
- Over half of the fashion designers that showed at London Fashion Week 2018 are UAL alumni.
- Other alumni have gone on to take home some of the industry’s most prestigious art and design awards including the BP Portrait Award, Jerwood Prize, Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize, Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design, Minerva Medal, BAFTAs, Golden Globes and Oscars.
What we offer to students
UAL offers courses ranging from fine art and 3D animation to graphic design and drama. You can find out more about studying at UAL and its courses here.
UAL students have access to state of the art facilities, including workshops with letterpress machinery, studio theatres and gallery space. Students can also make use of the University’s libraries and archives for research into hundreds of years of the greatest artists and designers. You can find out more about the University’s colleges here.
UAL’s inspiring teaching faculty is made up of professional artists, practitioners, designers, technicians, critics and theorists, all on hand to deliver cutting-edge programmes and courses.
The University dominates when it comes to fashion education with two of the world’s top four undergraduate fashion courses taught at UAL Colleges according to the Business of Fashion (Bof) Rankings in 2017. UAL was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2017 for its Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.
Everyone’s identity matters
UAL is home to a diverse body of 18,000 students from 130 countries. It is proud of its international student and staff community and is committed to ensuring that the University offers an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone. Learn more about student diversity and staff diversity at UAL.
Your career platform
UAL has a dedicated focus on careers and employability and it offers high quality external engagement experiences for students as part of its taught courses. UAL actively supports its students to win opportunities in the creative industries and it has numerous strategic partnerships across industry, business and the community. UAL was recently ranked in the top 15 in the UK for industry connections.
After graduation, students automatically join the UAL Alumni Association – this has grown to a global network with over 200,000 members. UAL is proud to have produced some of the most influential talents in art, design, fashion, communication and performance.
Leaders in creative knowledge and education
In 2015, UAL launched an ambitious 7 year strategy with 4 key areas that will focus on ensuring UAL maintains its reputation as a world-class place of learning.
Learn more about its 4 strategic areas:
- Transformative Education
- World-leading Research and Enterprise
- Communication and Collaboration
- Building an Inspirational Environment
How UAL spends its money
UAL reinvests all of its money to support students with funds put into building development, facilities and course progression. Find out more about how UAL spends its money and what happens to any surplus.
UAL Strategy 2015-22
Learn about UAL’s ambitious 7-year strategy.
Source: University of the Arts London’s website